Heartland’s IV Care services provide multiple benefits:
- We prepare medications under sterile conditions into a ready-to-use form, usually a bag or syringe.
- We provide supplies and equipment for home IV, enteral therapy and for care of catheter sites.
- We arrange home delivery of medications and tube-feeding materials.
- We coordinate weekly consultations with a pharmacist to monitor side effects, establish therapy goals and ensure you have the supplies you need.
- We arrange nurse visits to teach IV care, make assessments, change catheter dressings and draw lab samples.
- We bill insurance providers directly and provide an estimate of out-of-pocket expenses in writing before care is initiated.
- We follow a customized plan of care developed through physician collaboration.
- We remain in constant contact with your physician to make sure medication schedules are followed.